Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Garden / San Francisco


Update Night Tonight #125

Say what?  We are not done building the garden yet?  Nop..  still more to go.. however, we have learned a lot and looking forward to learn more.


In our last adventure, we were in search of scrap wood, or someone to donate to us. We went through a abandoned spot I came across early that day and found that the wood there wouldn’t work for us, cause of wood contamination. We don’t want that where we grow food. And we continued in the search and were not that lucky, though we built the garden beds anyway, by buying wood in the only place you can buy wood in the city, Home Depot. Unfortunately, we had to support this corporation. It cost about $60 (that Javi put down, and looking forward that we collaborate that with her) with other few materials we needed, such as a blade for the saw we had, and a drill butt that we were missing.






We built 2 garden bed boxes for the space we have. A little different from what we had planned, though convenient in terms of money, labor and time. We did great!!!



Details:

-       3 People working
-       1 truck for transporting wood
-       5 hours
-       $60-$70

Next garden adventure:

This Friday March 1st
12pm-5pm. 
1226 20th Ave @ Lincoln

Goal:
-       Bring Soil
-       Clean Space

Materials/Tools we need:
-       More than 2 Shovels





Hope you can make it. If not, please let me know. There are other tasks to be completed outside the actual working day. 

NOTE: I would also like to encourage everyone to communicate with me. I appreciate a “hello”, a “can’t come”, a “awesome”, a “opinion”, a “request for another date”, and so on.. 
Just like all of you I have a lot in my life right now and I am really working towards creating the time in order to make a change in our reality… as you already must know and as I mentioned before… The planet and humanity is very bad shape and in danger. This information is all around us, and is up to each and every one of us to step up and make a change for our future generations. I know we are all doing our thing here in there… However, I discovered that we can do way more. The human species is capable of anything. I mention this because I know each if you personally and have discussed these subjects deeply which motivates me to create these action projects. Though, we need to step it up familia. We know we can… no pressure…

Please take a peek at this link below that my Political Science teacher (Dr. Dan Brook) shared with us and I believe it is important to remind ourselves what is happening in our global reality and what can we do about it.


Big hug!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment